Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Grill Chef BBQ

Made by SR Potten ltd, the grill chef bbq has been very popular.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

After over two years of use the burner cracked so that there was a hole in it and the gas was not reaching other sides of the grilling surface. I tried to take out the burner but those Chinese smart designers decided to put in some regular screws that rusted so badly that could not be taken out not even after soaking it in WD 40. so even if the bbq is in warranty and Potten could send me a replacement burner I don't know what to do with it because I can't take out the crappy old one.

Tone said...

I had the same issue with mine which was quickly resolved by drilling the screws right out. A normal drill bit 9/16 will do. Place the drill head in the middle of the screw head and drill away. I got my burner out in 5 minutes or less. I did the same to remove the igniter bracket screws.

Steven said...

Just starting my third summer of use and all the pilot valves are seized up except rotisserie that I never use. Cannot find a listing for that part on internet and very hard to find any reference to my SS525-B Grill Chef model. Guarantee every one will have same problem.